Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Bah, Humbug!

Plan I am so NOT going to Oxford Street for some store-induced Christmas spirit. No way. I have a tree up in the living room and that's that. I am going to stay at home and do work. Yes. You heard me right. I have a great trip planned mid-Jan. So, I need to get cracking NOW in order to enjoy my trip.

Reality So, there I was- not planning to get into any of the year end festivities at all. Unfortunately, everybody ELSE is making plans and the phone keeps ringing.

The devil of consumerism comes-a-calling and I have succumbed. I am going away for the weekend with friends who for all intent and purpose are going to attack the boxing-day sale with great gusto.

If glee and guilt can mix, I have one heady cocktail in my hand now.

5 Comments:

At 12/22/2005 12:23:00 am, Blogger Count Byron said...

Hi Jane, my first visit here, and I'm already hooked! Lovely crafted words.. vivid and dreamy.. crafty and witty.. sweet and creamy... to think of Macbeth wielding his Sheffield-steel kitchen devil.. shooing away the haughty Prof Vacation... bleeeeeaaaaahhhhh he he

You cant blame me for getting carried away... thanks for visiting 'inching' Jane

 
At 12/22/2005 08:11:00 am, Blogger JoMel said...

Who cares about work when there is Boxing Day's sale!!! Go out there and have fun babe!

 
At 12/22/2005 08:37:00 pm, Blogger Kak Teh said...

sunshine - enjoy yourself whereever you are - i will need to go a shopping cos the kettle, the washing machine and freezer decided to let me down! and all at the same time!

 
At 12/23/2005 02:04:00 am, Blogger Jane Sunshine said...

Count: Thanks for dropping by. What an honour.

Jo: Yeah, I am weak and have succumbed.

KT: Poor dear. Many hugs. This is not a good time to be having electrical problems as all the electricians will refuse to come or ask astronomical prices! I just sorted some problem with my electrical connections so I know! Had some nightmares with that. Will tell you when I see you soon.

 
At 12/23/2005 10:18:00 am, Blogger Kak Teh said...

jane - exactly around now - last year i wrote my first few entries - to postpone the new year caus i am not ready - and now it is already going to be 2006! No one listens to me!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter