Monday, December 12, 2005

10 Things You Didn’t Know About Me

1. I should be doing my work but am more content to stare at the window and day-dream away. I am dreaming of waves crashing gently on a white-sand beach where I am reading without a care in the world with a hibiscus on my hair and Andrea Bocelli streaming in the background.

2. The only ambition I ever had since I was 10 years old was to be a lawyer (don’t ask me why, but my hunch is that it’s a middle-class parent mentality that is transferred, osmosis-like to the child ie myself). But I am not a practising one now, even though I have spent a great amount of time in law school. Whatever decisions that I have made in life, I am certainly quite glad about this one.

3. I am going to adopt a child in Africa in the New Year but M doesn’t know this yet. I want a little girl, who would benefit from a monthly stipend (It would be money I would spend on something random as in No.4 below anyway, and if it is going to make a small little difference in a child’s life, I will be very, very happy).

4. I have paid 40 quid in library fines (in 1 week) and I am not planning to tell M.

5. I felt really sad when Brenda was voted out of X-factor last Saturday. And I think Colin Jackson is going to win Strictly Come Dancing (Hey, this two shows really require talent…okay, yeah, I watch reality TV. So WHAT?).

6. I am thinking of opening a dinky little antique shop one day.

7. I cannot sing to save my life-I was born tone deaf. When I was a child, I thought that I would never be successful because I had no talent whatsoever. Now, my definition of 'successful' has changed.

8. I was an awfully serious child.

9. I wake up in the middle of the night fearing that I am not going to finish the goddam thesis and am going to be a failure.

10. On my 18th birthday, I sat and wrote down all that I wanted to achieve in life by the time I turn 30. I still carry that list, frayed and yellowing, in my purse everyday. It’s just that I am afraid to open it now that I am going to turn 30 very, very soon.

10 Comments:

At 12/13/2005 12:49:00 am, Blogger may said...

If, at 18, I wrote a list of what I'd have to achive by the time I'm 30, I'm afraid to see how much I've failed. Yet, I'm pretty sure there would be other things I'd be proud of, things I thought I'd never do but so happy I did...

 
At 12/13/2005 11:33:00 am, Blogger Kak Teh said...

the 11th thing that you dont know abt this Sunshine is that she is an awfully nice person!
and I was sad too that Brenda was voted out - I cried! And I know why---its an ageist society! Just because she is older than the rest! Journey South cant sing to save their lives and shd be heading back north! Andy was the sympathy vote and Shayne certainly got his votes from those randy teenagers. If I am still 18 i'd vote for him too.

 
At 12/13/2005 01:42:00 pm, Blogger JoMel said...

This is fun! I would like to come up with my set if you don't mind. No. 3 is really sweet. I hope you'll go ahead with the plan. I don't believe it will make a "small little different". Not at all sweetie.

 
At 12/13/2005 09:30:00 pm, Blogger Jane Sunshine said...

May: Yes, that's very interesting and probably deserves a whole post by itself.

KT: Blush! Hugs. Even you are hooked on X factor! I think that Shayne's going to win....

Jo: Wow! I will look forward to reading your set. Anybody else who wants to do this, pls feel welcome (this is sounding like a meme-thingy now!).

 
At 12/14/2005 06:39:00 am, Blogger Frankensteina said...

I am tone deaf too...*sighs* which explain why I never get invited to karaoke session much...*tee hee*

And when I was 12, I was so scared that I may not get all As for my PMR (I think..) and I woke up in the middle of the nigt reaching for my History text book and started reading...heheheh. I was a lil psycho

 
At 12/16/2005 08:22:00 am, Blogger Grafxgurl said...

Hey there! first time here! nice honest posts...
i work in an NGO that sponsors kids just liek you mentioned... they really do benefit..i wanna go to africa as well on a project tour...but India has so many needy children ...desparate for help as well...

alright i am rambling on and on!
sigh...just a few years til I turn 30 meself.. the years DO creep up on ya dont they!

 
At 12/17/2005 03:10:00 am, Blogger Maya said...

Hiya Jane,

OK now that I know at least 10 things abt you, will try and meet you when I visit there!

I have a list only it says the 10 things abt me I don't want anyone to know of! :)

Seeya soon. Bye

 
At 12/17/2005 11:22:00 am, Anonymous Kat said...

Hello Jane. I too have oft dreamt of being in my own deserted island, especially when my 2 screaming kids are driving me up the wall. Now why does that have to be a dream? The powdery-white sands in the East Coast is only hours away, so why can't I just run away every so often??

Because of no 9, that's why!! I'm going to wake up in the middle of the night, and find that my teenage daughter is not home yet although it's 2am and my teenage son still sitting in front of the computer in the same position 5 hours before...

Looking forward to more shenanigans!!

 
At 12/17/2005 05:20:00 pm, Blogger Ayah said...

Don't br afraid to open it.. you know the content anyway.. open it...open ...

 
At 12/17/2005 10:52:00 pm, Blogger Jane Sunshine said...

Frankensteina: It's always good to be a little bit psycho, heh.

Grafxgurl: Hello! You seem to be doing some amazing work. Keep it up.

Maya: What secrets do you shield? Looking forward to your visit!

Kat: Ah, sometimes those dreams keep us sane amidst the demands of everyday life.

Ayah: Yes, soon. I will be opening it gingerly very, very soon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter