Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Blonde Day No.327

This is Cruella de Ville season. Velvet is BIG this Autumn, apart from the horrendous military-look jacket, everywhere, I see coats, skirts and trousers in velvet. Black, dark blue and brown being perhaps more forgivable versions. Even aubergines and deep reds can past muster. Though the overdose is getting to me in an Addams Family House kind of way-ghoulish and dreadful. I used to not mind it. Once upon a time, I even spent a lot of money on a slinky black velvet dress for which I recieved a fair share of compliments. I have to further concede that at times, a rich black velvet skirt can look stunning. But the problem with velvet is that it also spawns Yellow, Pink and Green versions of aforementioned clothes. That’s when I want to yank the said velvet –wearer and rip it away from causing further aesthetic injury. Yank, yank, yank.

7 Comments:

At 11/17/2005 05:43:00 am, Blogger may said...

I personally prefer cord or cotton anyway... *laugh*! velvet is such an overkill sometimes...

 
At 11/17/2005 06:25:00 am, Blogger Kak Teh said...

velvet? Oh no thank you. I dn't think it falls nicely on figues with bulges, like mine...on you Jane...aaahhhhhhh!

 
At 11/17/2005 08:47:00 am, Blogger Jane Sunshine said...

May: Yes, cotton and cord is so much more versatile and sensible!

KT: What bulges??? You are so slim that you can wear anything you want, la! I used to be able to wear KT but now, with all those junkfood consumed and no exercise, all slinky outfits are out of the question.

About the velvet dress I bought in 1996, it is still sitting in the cupboard in M'sia. None of my cousins/friends would want it because velvet has been 'out' for so many seasons-till now.

 
At 11/18/2005 12:42:00 am, Blogger Ms.B said...

Hmm, I think I have blonde days almost 365 days a year (tee hee hee) BUT I've never been a velvet girl!! No, no, no!! Somehow the way the material "shines" at different angles and folds makes me cringe!! Hehehe!! Suede, now that's different .. for shoes, jackets and bags, that is!

Velvet seems so Victorian somehow, don't you think?

 
At 11/18/2005 09:48:00 am, Blogger Jane Sunshine said...

Blabs: Agree. I wore my one and only velvet item, the abovesaid dress, circa 1996, when I was reed thin (or so I would like to think). Now, I would look like waddling duck in it. Yeah, I think velvet shld have just stayed in the Victorian period and stop haunting us in this modern versions. I love cord too, but good cord is so-expensive.

 
At 11/30/2005 06:20:00 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

aubergine isn't a color.. it's a car or a blender. "I've got a Ford Aubergine". Or maybe a Moulinex Aubergine.

Or a Fanta. Which I hear they still have in the UK.

 
At 3/12/2014 09:52:00 am, Anonymous Kate Spade pumps boots said...

My friends couldn't believe the price I paid for the amount of expensive French lace that was on my dress! I love it and am so excited to walk down the aisle in a couple weeks!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter