Saturday, September 10, 2005

Thoughts for the Day

Know that joy is rarer, more difficult and more beautiful than sadness. Once you make this all-important discovery, you must embrace joy as a moral obligation-Andre Gide

I need to hear words like this when there is so much pain and suffering around. Somehow, I am quite glad that the year is coming to an end soon. Too many calamities for one year to take.


XXXXX

Best friend Rats is in town and we are going to go places next week. Yeay.


XXXXXX


On another note, I have just discovered what I must say is one of the most articulate and interesting blogs in the Malaysian blogosphere-Beta blogger's Jalan-Jalan. Do check it out. It will challenge you. And question. But never takes itself too seriously, which is so important in Blog world. Jalan-jalan is a class above the rest. For now, however I have to be patient as I gather that Beta blogger is taking a break but will wait patiently for October.

3 Comments:

At 9/11/2005 07:58:00 am, Blogger Kak Teh said...

Jane , no wonder you are hard at work so that you can play later. It was a non-productive day for me. I went to the library and found Journal of the Malaysian Branch of the Royal Asiatic Society (JMBRAS) and spent looking at articles of old old stuff abt malaya there. I sat on the floor and just read about everything that is not relevant to my topic. When I finish (when? when?) I am going back to read all these wonderful stories.
Beta-blogger?? jalan-jalan? who he?

 
At 9/11/2005 08:30:00 am, Blogger Jane Sunshine said...

KT: Yes, but did sneak in a break or two-it's the weekend after all. JMBRAS articles are fantastic aren't they? I used to pore over them when I was researching on Malaysian constitutional history but as always, there will be articles and vignettes which sounded much more interesting. That's research sometimes. It opens up various new worlds because would you otherwise have found all that material? You will always come out of a research project feeling that you've read/learnt more than you can possibly imagine. And feel very enriched. You will finish in good time and it will all be worth it. Trust me on this one.

I highly recommend Jalan-Jalan to ppl everywhere. I wish I found it earlier! Mrs.Beta blogger failed to tell me about this gem and I hold her responsible.

 
At 9/26/2005 07:47:00 am, Blogger Ms.B said...

Mrs Beta Blogger doesn't give her beta-half enough publicity, I tell yah!! LOL!! Kiddingx3 KT!!

Jalan2 rawks. Have been a disciple for awhile now.

How you babe?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter