Thursday, September 22, 2005

Hello Life...

...I've missed you!

Been drowned in piles and piles of blearghhh theory and other boring things. Yesterday, allowed self to be indulged by doing absolutely nothing! Ambled along the high street, sat in a cafe to read and even went to the park to enjoy the honeyed sunshine.

Then, went to catch Pride and Prejudice in the evening to find the queue snaking away. Apparently, some free ticket promotion was happening plus, every woman in town wanted to watch Mr. Darcy. I would have battled the queue but M refused- going to watch the movie itself was a big deal for him, 'sappy chick-flick'), so we went home, watched some random movie on TV.

I was just happy to have not thought of any ...... theory for a whole day.

5 Comments:

At 9/23/2005 09:36:00 am, Blogger Lydia Teh said...

Jane, Seems like you've picked up the telepathy from me. I was just coming here to comment why you haven't posted a new entry for so long, and there was a new one greeting me! I saw Pride & Prejudice on tv sometime back. Can't remember who the actors were but Mr. Darcy was so, sigh....

 
At 9/23/2005 11:24:00 am, Blogger Jane Sunshine said...

Lydia, this is a new one starring Keira Knightley. I am a sucker for all things Jane Austen - however much she has been lampooned for insularity. Give me an old fashioned love story anytime, I say.

 
At 9/24/2005 12:56:00 am, Blogger Kak Teh said...

yes, fell in love with jane austen again when i had to help a student with with her analysis.
Lydia - darcy is such a grumpy old so and so!

 
At 9/26/2005 07:50:00 am, Blogger Ms.B said...

Is the 2005 version any good, girl? Lemme know so that I can save me moola if the actors don't do the characters justice!! *Still can't quite get the picture of Keira in Bend it Like Becks out of my head*

 
At 9/26/2005 02:47:00 pm, Blogger Lydia Teh said...

KT, grumpy old men - that'll be Jack Nicholson and Walter Matthau, not Mr. Darcy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter