Sunday, August 21, 2005

Fleeting Week

The weekend is over.

While the sense of time (and summer) fleeting by hovered in the background, the weekend was filled with music, lazy afternoons and the rush of warm friendship. Long, languid evenings filled with stories from days long gone by and easy chatter. Good friendship is really the best form of therapy.

Monday beckons.

I know that most of you are going to hate me for saying this but I love Mondays. I love the spanking, shining possibilities of a brand new week. A week to be filled with love, laughter and work. The weekend I use as a receptacle to hold all week day stress. The best weekends are ones that are quiet. Time to unwind, have late breakfast over The Times, walk unhurriedly along the grocery aisle and basically energize for the coming week.

So come Monday, I am all ready to conquer the world.

But try talking to me on Wednesday. That's when those mid-week doldrums have seeped into every pore and I am frantically ranting about the misery of routine. And dreaming of the weekend again for time to exhale.

I tell you mate, it's Wednesday that's the problem, not Monday.

7 Comments:

At 8/22/2005 04:04:00 am, Blogger Kak Teh said...

For me its Monday right to Friday because I am just not ready. How I wait for Sunday for my overdose of Eastenders,a lazy afternoon stuffing my face with whatever takes the fancy. It used to be ironing - love ironing on a cold Sunday afternoon - eyes glued to Eastenders. Anyway, yes - ditto abt those warm rush of friendship.

 
At 8/22/2005 05:36:00 am, Blogger Mint Chutney said...

Thursdays are sometimes bad for me. The realization that the week is almost over but you barely made a dent in your "TO DO" list is hard to deal with sometimes.

 
At 8/22/2005 11:59:00 pm, Blogger Jane Sunshine said...

Kak Teh: I suppose a lazy Sunday is always the best day, huh.

Mint: Yes, yes. I know all about Thursdays like that. I have them often!

 
At 8/23/2005 12:50:00 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 8/23/2005 10:25:00 am, Blogger The ramblings of a shoe fiend said...

i have issues with the concept of 'the week' in general. why compartmentalise! i'm all for doing away with weeks months and years and letting time roll by

 
At 8/26/2005 12:55:00 pm, Blogger Ms.B said...

Aiyo, ... I am so ketinggalan, and hence this comment will be so stale! :p

Good, warm friendship it certainly is!!

Funny feeling it is, but I miss you girls already!! :(

 
At 8/26/2005 09:45:00 pm, Blogger Jane Sunshine said...

Enjoy your holiday, dear!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter